Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Progress!

Wednesday May 27 was weigh in day. I knew I had lost some weight, probably mostly water, but I was hoping for at least 5 lbs. I had stayed on program with some difficulty. I love a glass of white wine after dinner, and 4 oz hardly showed up in our huge goblets! The solution was smaller glasses. I was using all of my daily points, but none of my bonus 'activity points'.
The first official weigh in yielded a loss of 7 lbs!! I felt elated, but know the next weigh-ins would be tougher. My body tends to cling to those pounds when I try really hard to lose them. My resolution was to cut out wine during the week and if I wanted a drink, one shot of rye in some diet coke was all I would have.
I also resolved not to snack in the afternoon. By 3 o'clock I am out of stuff to do at work, and getting hungry for supper. If I have a snack, then I can't finish supper which is on the table when I get home at 5:30 (Thank you Brian!) Or worse still, I finish it anyway because Brian is such a great cook!
So several things happened (Non Scale Victories, or NSVs in WW lingo)

I stopped drinking wine during the week. One glass inevitably leads to another..few!
I stopped eating between lunch and supper unless it was a piece of fruit for dessert early in the afternoon.
Brian started to watch my portions. 1 tsp of margarine in the frypan, 1 Tbsp of peanut butter on my toast, half a chicken breast....
And I ramped up my running. Encouraged by Wednesday's weigh in, I ran my first 3 k on Thursday morning.


No comments:

Post a Comment