Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Week one -the awakening!

DAY ONE - MAY 20, 2009 : THE AWAKENING!
I'm not sure what made me step on the scales. Maybe the realization that none of my summer clothes from last year fit me. Not even close! I was in tears, and Brian bought me two nice outfits that fit, and disguised the rolls.
He had no problem with my weight, in fact he hadn't noticed the nearly 20 lbs I had put on in the last year. I hated to see myself in pictures, and was reluctant to ride my horse. I weighed in at a whopping 203 lbs. The highest weight I have been without being pregnant! So I enrolled in the on-line Weight Watchers Program . The new program is really flexible and rewards activity right from the start. The best part for me was the message board feature. I also ramped up my running. I had been running every day, but only a token amount, never really pushing myself. Now that I was serious about a lifestyle change, I increased the distance and decreased the intermitant walking.




No comments:

Post a Comment